First, thank you for visiting my blog! My name is Tom. I’m currently a high school junior living in Maine. A lot has changed since I began using this domain a couple of years ago; I wouldn’t say I “grew up here,” but there is visible evidence in the posts here of growth not only in my writing, but my overall maturity and personality.
Before we go any further, there are a few things you should know about me:
- I’m a boy. (see above picture)
- In March 2012, I will have been a vegetarian for four years.
- My goal after college is a career in Communications/Media.
- I have a totally healthy and non-creepy obsession with schedules. Not itineraries, academic schedules. It’s fine.
- I play trumpet, French horn, bass, and I’m a pro at faking piano.
- Books are always better than movies, but original movies occupy a special space in my heart right next to books.
- I spend A LOT of time doing homework (see pie chart below), but it all pays off––as of my writing this I am valedictorian of my class.
I have a profound appreciation for literature, writing, film, and philosophy, so that’s mostly what this blog is about. If you’re cool with that, then welcome aboard! I think we’re going to get along just fine.